Before you begin, you’ll need a rooted device with an unlocked bootloader. You won’t get far without both, and you risk damaging your device.
The SP Flash Tool shared on this page is constantly updated to the latest version. The SP Flash Tools support all the MediaTek Smartphones and Tablets running on the Android OS.
Read this post to know how to reinstall Android OS on phone using PC, in a couple of minutes. Even if you do not do many of these steps signing into your Gmail account on a new device is almost all you need. One popular method is to use AirSync From DoubleTwist,which will sync data between your computer and your smart phone, as iTunes works for iOS users. Some custom ROMs (like Pixel Experience and Evolution X) come with GApps pre-installed. In such cases, you don’t have to flash the GApps file separately. Custom ROMs are device-specific, so download a ROM that’s made specifically for your device.
- In the “Option” section of the tool, you will see some options that you can select.
- As a result, the latest versions are more stable than official firmware file ever and go easier on the system’s resources.
- According to a survey done by a poll many users like to Cyanogen Mod then stock rom.
- Evolution X merges various code snippets into one main project to bring a long list of features for many devices.
- A Scatter file is a text file that contains information of one or more load regions (partitions) on an Android device with a MediaTek chipset (source).
To keep this process as simple as possible, you might use a cloud-based solution with automatic backups that manage themselves. At the same time, you can also create local backups and manually store them offline somewhere for extra ease of mind. In this guide, we cover various examples of how to back up your Android phone. If you’re looking for a well-rounded backup cloud service for Android, Google One can simplify your life. Since Google is the official maintainer of Android, it makes sense to use a first-party option that works universally across most devices.